Ahmed El Dabaja- This video is by Neil Patel explaining how to set up a corporate Blog.
By Neil Patel”Blogging is an interesting phenomenon.
First, figure out what you want to blog on. It’s not just about blogging on your own products or services. It is about helping your potential customers.
If your content helps solve your potential customers’ problems, they will turn into customers.
Also setup your URL structure correctly. Your blog should be placed on yourdomain.com/blog/. Using a subdirectory will help with search engine rankings.
Once you have your blog setup, ask yourself: who’s the voice of your blog? Are you going to have one author or multiple? Either one works, but make sure you put the writer’s image at the bottom of each post as well as their bio.
This helps create a personal connection with your readers.
Now when you have writers you need to give them a rule book. That way everyone is writing with one main goal in mind.
Here are some of the rules you can use:
1. Only write content that benefits the readers.
2. Use the words “you” and “I” within your content. It makes it seem more conversational.
3. Use sub-headings to make your content skimmable.
4. Keep your paragraphs to 5 or 6 lines.
5. Wrap up each post with a conclusion. And at the end of the conclusion should be a question, which will help encourage more comments.
6. Respond to every comment left on your blog. It’s just proper blog etiquette.
7. Cross link your blog posts together. This will help get them indexed.
8. Write at least one post a week.
Just follow the steps above and you’ll see traction within 6 months to a year.
It’s been a game-changing marketing strategy for many smaller businesses and has enabled them to compete with much larger industry titans.
In many ways, it’s one of the most revolutionary marketing strategies in history.
But it seems that by now it should have been eclipsed by newer, sleeker, and sexier techniques.
Just look at some of the top-rated digital marketing techniques in 2017.
But what’s amazing is that it hasn’t.
A 2017 HubSpot survey found, “53 percent of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.”
Check out where blogging ranks in terms of content marketing tactic usage in 2017.”